Current Month: October 11, 2023
Next month: November 08, 2023
The town board meets every 2nd Wednesday of each month at 7:30 pm in the Village Office
Town Board Agenda Outline
Current Month: October 17, 2023
The town planning board meets every 3rd Tuesday of each month at 7:30 pm in the Village Office
Dog License Information
How do I license my dog?
Licensing your dog is easy!
- You can come to the Town Clerk's Office with CURRENT RABIES CERTIFICATE and payment or print out a New Dog Licensing Form found below. Simply follow the directions and return the completed form, required documentation, along with payment by MAIL, IN PERSON., or TOWN/VILLAGE DROP BOX located on Village side at the Oxford Town Clerk's Office located at 20 Lafayette Park.
- Fee: $7 Spayed/neutered, $15 not spayed/neutered
- Every year we will mail you a renewal license for your convenience.
- Any dog found to be unlicensed will be subject to an appearance ticket and a fine.
The Dog Control Officer (DCO) is appointed by the Town to assist in the enforcement of NYS Dept. of Ag & Markets Article 7: Licensing, Identification and Control of Dogs and local laws. The DCO is authorized to serve appearance tickets when violations of Article 7 or local laws have been committed.
Any person who observes a dog in violation of these laws may file a complaint with the DCO. Any dog running loose may be picked up by the DCO and transported to the Chenango County SPCA, resulting in an additional fee charged to the owner by the SPCA prior to the dog's release.
Please see below New Dog License Form download, links for local rabies clinics and rabies information:
- New Dog License Form
- NYS Dept Of Health Rabies information :
- NYS Dept of Health Free Rabies Clinics thought Chenango County : https://apps3.health.ny.gov/doh2/applinks/cdmspr/2/counties
- PET VET Clinic held at local Tractor Supply's:
- Oxford Local Town Dog Law
For more information, contact:
Phone: 607-843-6222 / Town Clerk email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dog Control Officer Roger Barrows / Phone: 607-952-6025