Current Month: March 08, 2023
Next month: April 12, 2023
The town board meets every 2nd Wednesday of each month at 7:30 pm in the Village Office
Town Board Agenda Outline
Current Month: March 21, 2023
The town planning board meets every 3rd Tuesday of each month at 7:00 pm in the Village Office
Notices and Announcements
- Notice of Tax Collecting Town of Oxford
I will be collecting taxes for the Town of Oxford, Chenango County, January 3rd through May 31, 2023 at the Oxford Town Hall, Oxford, NY. Taxes may be paid without penalty through the month of January.
Office Hours JANUARY ONLY are: 8:00 am to 2:00 pm Monday-Friday
Also Saturday (January 21st & 28th only ) 9:00 am to 12:00 noon. If you need after hours time, please call the Town Hall Office to arrange 607-843-6222.
Tammy Dilfer Town Clerk / Tax Collector
Gwen Kulina Hornbeck Deputy Town Clerk/ Tax Collector
- The New York State Department of Public Services (DPS) and Consumer Advocate are seeking public comment regarding alleged billing, meter reading, and customer service issues affecting customers of NYSG.
To ensure full public participation, the Public Service Commission will hold virtual public forums of *JANUARY 31, 2023 and in-person forums on FEBRUARY 1, 7, & 8, 2023* to solicit input and comments from your community regarding the issues of NYSEG.
Information regarding this matter can be found at www.dps.ny.gov
Click on "SEARCH" and enter the associated "# 23-00068" in the Search by Case Number field.
- No-Parking-Seasonal-info (PDF)
- License Fees Added To Dog Law (PDF)
Town of Oxford Residents
Take notice that all vehicles and garbage cans must be removed from roadsides during a snowfall. It is also against highway law for anyone to place, or have placed, snow or ice on town roads, thereby creating a hazard for the motoring public.
To protect your mailbox please make sure it is secure and away from snow banks. The Oxford Highway Department is not responsible for repair or replacement of damaged mailboxes.
Please take notice that any unattended vehicles, left along the Town of Oxford Roads, will be towed away at owner's expense.
By Order of the Oxford Town Board.
- NYSEG and RG&E Warn Customers of New Scam Attempts
Customers urged to report suspicious calls and be wary of requests for personal information See this PDF for more information
- OXFORD TOWN SWIMMING POOL - - NOTICE - -
The Town Board and Pool Staff extends their thanks to everyone for their patience, support and generous contributions. We are in the finishing stages looking forward to 2023 swimming season.
Six (6) New (*Free*) Pamphlets from the New York State Department of Public Services are available at the Oxford Town Clerk's Office during regular office hours.
- Household electricity use and energy saving tips.
- Save money on your phone bills.
- Guide to filing complaints about your regulated utility service.
- Your rights and protections as an electric or natural gas customer.
- Take the chill out of your winter energy bills.
- Utility Service interruptions - what you should do.