Current Month: May 09, 2018
Next month: June 13, 2018
The town board meets every 2nd Wednesday of each month at 7:30 pm in the Village Office
Town Board Agenda Outline
Current Month: May 15, 2018
The town planning board meets every 3rd Tuesday of each month at 7:30 pm in the Village Office
Town of Oxford Pool
Located behind the Oxford Academy Primary School at the corner of West Park Street and Grays Heights Road, Oxford, NY. Private men's and women's changing areas, showers, and lifeguards on duty make for good clean, safe fun. Make an afternoon of it by bringing a picnic lunch and eating in the shade of the outdoor pavilion.
Town of Oxford Municipal Swimming Pool, instructional and recreational swimming
POOL HISTORY: The Oxford Swimming Pool and Bath House was dedicated to the youth of Oxford in 1978 by the Oxford Recreation Association, the Town & Village Boards of Oxford, and the Citizens of the Community. The picnic pavilion was donated by the Oxford Rotary Club. In 2008, the pool's 30-year-old feeder pumps, electrical work and concrete surface were brought up to code.
The pool is managed by the Town of Oxford Land & Water Conservation Fund, a cooperative project of the National Park Service-Department of the Interior & the NYS Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation.
- Pool-Hours (PDF)
- Swimming-Lesson-Sign-Ups (PDF)
- Swimming Lesson Registration form (PDF)
- We will be having Swimming Lesson Sign Ups Tuesday 6/12/18 and Thursday 6/14/18 from 5-7 at the Town Pool Pavilion
- Interested in applying to be a lifeguard? Please see this form (PDF).
- All children under 10yrs of age must be accompanied by an adult 18yrs or older at all times
- No food, drink, gum or smoking in pool, bathhouse, pavilion or pool area
- No talking to Guards on duty
- No running on pool deck
- No flips/stunts
- Diving only in designated area
- No fighting or horseplay in pool area
- No hanging on ladders, ropes or railings
- No swearing
1st Offense – Warning
2nd Offense – Removal from Pool 1hr
3rd Offense – Removal from Pool for 1Day or Longer
At any time Lifeguards reserve the right to request any person to leave the premises if they refuse to comply with directives and their actions are dangerous to themselves or others in the pool.